Thursday, January 3, 2008

Yesterday.....

Oh.My.God.It.Is.Cold. The temperature dropped to about 30 degrees yesterday with a wind chill of 15! Let me tell you, that is quite chilly down here in South Cackalackie!

We had a pretty nice day otherwise. My friend Keesha and her daughter came over. We had spaghetti for lunch. Then, Tim came home and we went out to eat. A friend was supposed to be playing at this restaurant by our house, so we went there. He canceled so we went to the mexican place next door. Oh, it was yummy. I had poblanos and rice and beans. Yum Yum Yum.

When we got home, the Grateful Dead hour was playing on WNCW.
So, the girls, Tim, and I (in true hippie fashion) turned all the lights off and danced with flashlights.

I'm really feeling good about this year. I'll pay my car off, have some extra $$, homeschooling, etc. I'm realizing that I can't change anyone or anything around me-just the way I react to it. I'm slowly calming down to a level of "fine". Oooh, now I have the Indigo Girls running through my head. Must.Play.Song.

2 comments:

c said...

I'm actually listening to the Grateful Dead hour as I read this...

you and I would get along so great in real life...

Us! said...

I think so! I'm hoping to do some traveling this spring/summer. I would love to hook up at some point.